About Stephenson Gobin
British Engines Group company, Stephenson Gobin, is a rapidly growing business specialising in the design and manufacture of electromagnetic solutions.
Stephenson Gobin operates from a manufacturing facility in Bishop Auckland, County Durham.Visit website
We are looking for two Business Development Managers based in Europe to proactively drive sales and business development focussed in Europe within the electromagnetic brakes, clutch and holding magnets sectors.
As part of the role you will be responsible for providing a high level of customer service, market intelligence and product knowledge to enable Stephenson Gobin to continually develop and grow business in Europe in line with business strategy. If you thrive on developing sales opportunities read on to find out more.
What you’ll be doing
- Identify and develop new market sectors taking full ownership of an agreed sales region; creating positive client relationships, holding successful visits and accurately setting forecasts.
- Pro-actively follow up enquiries received, ensure quotations are generated and sales are realised.
- Actively participate in the identification, evaluation, and exploitation of potential new product developments.
- Support in everyday sales based business processes to strengthen the loyalty of new and existing customers and generate new business satisfying the customer.
- Learn and understand pricing policy to ensure sales turnover, trading profit and market share are achieved.
- Maintain and expand Stephenson Gobin’s recognisable presence and positive corporate image within the prescribed market areas.
- Act upon competitor activity and intelligence, identifying market barriers (legal and market requirements) and support the research and development and quality teams to address them.
- Develop a successful working liaison with existing agents and customers in Europe ensuring satisfactory service levels are delivered in providing product, pricing and technical information.
- Encourage the flow of quality information between the various sales functions, particularly major projects originating or influenced in Europe and utilise CRM and IFS business tools to allow this process to be undertaken.
- Assume responsibility for European sales in allocated areas maintaining contact on a regular basis ensuring business is running smoothly and any issues are addressed, or communicated to resolve.
- Actively develop the company websites, data and test product brochure and exhibitions.
Who we are looking for
To apply we ask that you have market and product knowledge with technical understanding of industrial drive technology products, ideally with previous knowledge of electrical brakes, clutches and holding magnets. An appreciation of electromagnetic applications within industrial and commercial terms and conditions of business would be advantageous.
You will be adaptable and responsive to change, capable of prioritising tasks and demonstrate strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
You will have a recognised engineering qualification (HNC or above), ideally mechanical but not essential however the ability to read and interpret mechanical engineering drawings and specifications is a requirement.
You will be fluent in spoken and written English. An additional European language would be an advantage.
A full driving licence is essential as is experience of domestic and international travel and an appreciation of international cultures.
If you have a sales focused mind-set, display an understanding in developing markets and demonstrate the ability to negotiate effectively with clients we would love to hear from you!