About British Engines
British Engines is a leading engineering group with a long heritage in the North East of England since 1922.
Employing approximately 1,200 people, our eight businesses design, manufacture, assemble, test and service leading products and components for a wide range of industries including the renewables, digital, defence, power, nuclear, aerospace, robotics, oil and gas, chemical, marine, construction and agriculture sectors.
As a cleaning operative you will undertake general cleaning duties covering two separate facilities, a small manufacturing site in Killingworth covering office and shop floor areas, and a head office based in Benton.
What you’ll be doing
- Clean interior surfaces, furnishings, fixtures and fittings
- Clean floors and hoover floor coverings
- Maintain the internal office environments
- Maintain toilet areas; clean all toilet appliances i.e. toilets, sinks etc. and replenish customer supplies i.e. hand towels, toilet rolls
- Maintain kitchen / canteen areas; clean surfaces and equipment i.e. sinks, microwaves etc.
- Clear and remove rubbish and other items from areas securely
- Maintain and control the usage of materials ensuring the cleaning cupboard is kept tidy
- Ensure all equipment is kept clean, well maintained and in a safe working order
- Understand all cleaning equipment, materials and approved chemicals used within the premises
- Report any problems
- Undertake any other reasonable responsibilities
- Working in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
Who we are looking for
You have a minimum of one year’s experience within a similar role with a good knowledge of the importance of complying with Health and Safety standards in a work environment.
We ask that you have excellent communication and organisational skills, be self-motivated with the ability to multi task.
This position will be on a part time, permanent basis.
Normal hours of work are 22.5 per week working dayshift between split two nearby facilities on a morning or afternoon shift for example 0730-0930 / 1600-1830. Consideration can be given to flexibility around the hours and days of work.
A full UK driving licence is desirable but flexibility between facilities is required.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Enhanced pension