About Rotary Power
British Engines Group company, Rotary Power, specialises in the design and manufacture of hydraulic motors and pumps for a range of sectors including construction, mining and agriculture.
Rotary Power is a rapidly growing business operating from facilities in South Shields (UK), Bangalore (India), South Dakota (USA) and Aachen (Germany).Visit website
We are looking for a CNC Grinder to join our team in South Shields to set and operate multiple CNC and manual grinding machines. Your role will be to manufacture components with critical size and surface finish requirements as per engineering drawing specifications.
What you’ll be doing
- Inspect components and complete supporting paperwork
- Deburr, clean and protect components
- Carry out daily inspection and cleaning of grinding machines
- Work with a range of materials including cast iron, mild steel, stainless steel and aluminium
- Use a range of measuring equipment to undertake self-inspection
- Accurately interpret engineering drawings and work with imperial and metric measures to ensure dimensional accuracy
- Work as part of the grinding team and interface with production supervision, engineering and maintenance team
- Carry out material handling as required to load, unload and manoeuvre materials and finish component
- Operate in-house computer systems for the recording of work activities
- Support training of apprentices and trainees
To apply, we are looking for a time served precision grinder who has a working knowledge of both external and internal grinding machines. An operational knowledge of CNC grinders and some basic programming skills would also be beneficial.
We are also looking for someone who can read and interpret engineering drawings and be able to self-inspect using a variety of measuring equipment, together with the ability to work and hold fine tolerances.
If you are highly motivated, have good communication skills and have the ability to work independently, or as part of a team we would love to hear from you!
This position will be on a full time, permanent basis working 37 hours per week
- Wellbeing app (Employee Assistance Program)
- Holiday buy & sell
- Car scheme
- Competitive pay
- Enhanced pension
- Training & development