About Stephenson Gobin
British Engines Group company, Stephenson Gobin, is a rapidly growing business specialising in the design and manufacture of electromagnetic solutions.
Stephenson Gobin operates from a manufacturing facility in Bishop Auckland, County Durham.Visit website
As a Quality Engineer, you will ensure all components are manufactured to the highest of standards and quality is maintained throughout.
Part of your role will be driving down product, processing non-conformance, associated root cause analysis, carrying out inspections of internal and external components and ensuring compliance of internal processes and procedures.
What you’ll be doing
- Inspect manufactured and purchased components in line with quality standards and engineering drawings
- Conduct audits of the machining and production processes to ensure compliance to all written standard operations and work instructions
- Carry out root cause analysis of internal or external non-conformances and implement effective corrective and preventative actions
- Produce, maintain and develop quality assurance documents, standard operating procedures, work instruction and packaging specifications
- Driving continuous improvement in products, services and processes and champion a culture of reasoned corrective action
- Liaise with internal teams and external suppliers regarding non-conformances and investigate/co-ordinate
- Manage calibration activities to ensure all equipment is maintained
- Actively participate in improvement activities and projects aimed at enhancing product quality and process efficiency
Who we’re looking for
To apply, we ask that you have previous experience as a Quality Engineer within a fast paced manufacturing environment as well as an HNC or NVQ level 4 in engineering. An apprenticeship certificate in a relevant engineering discipline is also preferred as is an Internal Auditor certification for ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001!
We are also looking for someone who has experience using a large variety of measurement equipment, including CMM as well as someone who has an understanding of engineering drawings.
If you are driven, highly motivated and can work well within a team as well as independently, we would love to hear from you!
We ask that you hold a valid driving license as flexibility to work at other sites will be required.
This position will be on a full time, permanent basis working a 38.75 hour week
- Employee Assistance Program
- Holiday buy & sell
- Car scheme
- Competitive pay
- Enhanced pension
- Training & development