About CMP Products
British Engines Group company, CMP Products, is a leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of cable glands, cable cleats and cable accessories.
CMP manufactures its products from three facilities based in Cramlington, Northumberland, and has a global distribution network, supported by ten offices spread across six continents from Houston, USA, to Busan, South Korea.Visit website
As a Certification Engineer, you will provide certification support for new product designs from conception, to launch and beyond. This involves managing projects, creating test plans and liaising with certification bodies and other stakeholders both internally and externally.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge of relevant International, European, North American and Canadian standards, regulations, codes and directives as well as European, Russian, American NEC / Canadian CE Code.
- Provide guidance to relevant departments within CMP on the application of standards.
- Obtain new certificates (i.e. IECEx / ATEX / ABS / Lloyds / BV) for all new products under the guidance of the Product Development Manager.
- Maintain all current certificates, renewals, product design updates and modifications.
- Generate and maintain all certification documentation.
- Liaise with all third party certification and testing authorities.
- Carry out and monitor practical certification tests.
- Organise and participate in certification related internal and external audits.
- Assist in the development and control of the research and development (R&D) laboratory facilities and test equipment.
- Maintain product marking systems, registers, declarations of conformity etc. in line with certification updates and changes.
- Prepare CMP declarations and official statements that relate to certification.
Who we’re looking for
As a Certification Engineer at CMP you will demonstrate effective communication, organisational and time management skills. As well as being self-motivated and self-disciplined you will have an eyes for detail and have the ability to take an innovative approach to problem solving.
The ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external teams is essential.
Ideally you will have experience of working with technical products and have the ability to grasp technical concepts quickly.
This role would suit someone with a background in Project Management, Quality, Design, R&D or Testing who has experience and understanding of working within prevailing standards constraints. Experience of project management would be advantageous.
To provide its employees an improvement in work/life balance, CMP operates a 9-day fortnight (9/10) where staff employees have the opportunity to work compressed working hours and as a result have every other Friday as a day off.
WeCare app (Employee Assistance Program)
Holiday buy & sell
Competitive pay & bonus
Training & development